Bursaries for Teacher Training
Teacher training bursary changes for 2023-24
The DfE has announced the following changes to support for people training to be teachers:
- For the 2023-24 cohort, mathematics, physics, chemistry and computing bursaries will increase from £24,000 to £27,000.
- Bursaries for languages and ancient languages will increase from £15,000 to £25,000.
- The geography bursary will increase from £15,000 to £25,000, while the biology bursary will rise from £10,000 to £20,000.
- The design and technology bursary will rise to £20,000, up from £15,000.
- A bursary of £15,000 has been brought back for English.