Available alongside the NPQ in Headship (NPQH), our Early Headship Coaching Offer (EHCO) provides new headteachers (within their first 5 years of headship) with personalised support to help them solve problems relevant in their school context.
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with Ambition Institute to deliver the EHCO.
Those doing the training will learn:
- Over 12 months, you will benefit from expert guidance from an experienced, serving headteacher who works in a similar setting or phase, to help you apply expertise from the NPQH, to overcome the challenges and complex problems you face in your day-to-day role.
How you will learn:
- The course focusses on developmental opportunities for you. Your context specific problem will be developed through one-to-one coaching sessions with an experienced headteacher.
- You will select three persistent problems over the duration of the course; school culture, learning & development, curriculum, behaviour, school improvement and administration.
- The content is delivered via workbooks available on Ambition's development platform. You will access one workbook for each persistent problem you select.
Benefits to you:
- Receive one-to-one coaching.
- School shadowing experience.
- Build your network.
Benefits to your school:
- Create a positive school culture.
- Improve staff retention.
- Learn from experts.
- Tackle existing challenges.
- Work in a state-funded school in England.
- Are in your first 5 years of headship.
- Have previously completed an NPQH, are applying for an NPQH, or are currently doing an NPQH with us or another provider.
- Currently free to all state schools and state-funded organisations that offer 16-19 places in England. If you don't work in an eligible school, the EHCO costs £800 plus VAT.
- Please email the Hub firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply.