National Professional Qualification in Headship (NPQH)
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with Ambition Institute to deliver the new NPQ for Headship. Within 18 months, participants will develop the knowledge that underpins expert school leadership and apply it to become outstanding headteachers.
Those doing the training will learn:
- How to combine insight and practice to drive change.
- Transform pupils' knowledge, capabilities and beliefs about learning.
- To establish good financial, human and educational resource management.
How you will learn:
- The content is delivered through blended learning over a period of 18 months. This includes real-time, interactive online sessions, face-to-face conferences and self-guided modules you can fit around your timetable. You will put what you learn into practice in your school and be able to track your progress and get feedback as you go. The programme also includes coaching and peer learning.
Benefits to your school:
- Create confident school leaders.
- Learn from the latest evidence.
- Transform pupil outcomes.
- Suitable for: Must be, or aspire to be, a Headteacher or Head of School with a responsibility for leading a school. Participants must be at senior leadership level or above currently.
- Example roles: Headteacher | Head of School | Director of Teaching School | Deputy Headteacher/Vice Principal | Assistant Headteacher/Vice Principal
- Not suitable for: ECT | Primary Teacher | SENCO | Literacy Coordinator | Class teacher | Maths subject lead | Specialist Leader of Education (Junior School) | Director of Learning for any subject | Head of Department | Head of Primary Key Stage | Head of Early Years
- Currently free to all state schools and state funded organisations that offer 16-19 places in England.
Find out more:
- See the 'find out more - NPQH' flyer below.
- Our next NPQH cohort commences Autumn 2024. If you wish to register your interest, please complete this form https://forms.office.com/e/1ttrSqc1MT and the Hub will contact you nearer the time.