National Professional Qualification in Leading Primary Maths (NPQLPM)
Commencing February 2024
Follow the 'How to register for your NPQ' guide attached below to secure your place on the NPQLPM commencing February 2024. Currently, this is our last intake to be fully funded by the DfE, so apply now at no cost to your school.
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with Ambition Institute to deliver the new NPQ in Leading Primary Maths (NPQLPM). This 12 month NPQ aims to support teachers to develop their understanding of excellent mathematics teaching for mastery and the knowledge of concepts that support successful leadership of mathematics.
Those doing the training will learn:
- How to embed mastery approaches to teaching maths in your school.
- Lead your school to teach maths effectively, working collaboratively with senior leaders and teachers.
- How pupils learn, so you can develop systems which help children overcome maths anxiety, build resilience and develop problem-solving strategies.
Benefits to your school:
- Your maths leaders will learn techniques to improve the teaching of maths across your school. This includes creating an effective school-wide teaching through the careful sequencing of lessons as well as supporting teachers to understand and use evidence informed approaches to maths teaching.
How you will learn:
- The content is delivered through blended learning over a period of 12 months. This includes a mix of real-time interactive sessions, face-to-face training, peer-led sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time.
- For teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibility for leading maths teaching in the primary phase.
- Before applying for this NPQ, you should have a secure understanding of mastery approaches to teaching maths from the Teaching for Mastery programme, or an equivalent programme.
Currently free for all state schools in England.
Find out more:
- See NPQLPM
- Apply now by following the steps in the 'How to register for your NPQ' document below. Deadline for applications is Monday 15 January 2024.