National Professional Qualification in Leading Teaching Development (NPQLTD)
If you are interested in undertaking the NPQLTD commencing October 2023 then please register your interest via the link below and the Hub will email you with details on how to apply.
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with Ambition Institute to deliver the new NPQ for Leading Teacher Development. In 12 months, participants will gain the knowledge to become teacher educators and successfully support fellow teachers to expand their skills.
Those doing the training will learn:
- How to help teachers improve through evidence-based professional development focused on improving classroom teaching.
- To contribute to a programme of professional development for mentors, trainees and early career teachers.
- To diagnose what teachers know and can do, starting professional development from that point and adapting the approach based on their developing expertise.
How you will learn:
- The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time. You will be encouraged to put what you learn into practice and track your progress as you go.
Benefits to your school:
- Create confident leaders.
- Attract and retain staff.
- Giving teachers multiple career pathways and options at every stage of their careers.
- Suitable for: Must be a teacher who has, or is aspiring to have, responsibility for leading other educators to develop. You might support the development of all teachers in your school, trainees or those early in their career. Participants must be in, or have been in, a teaching role.
- Example roles: Head of teaching development/CPD | Year group leader | Subject leader | Key stage/phase leader | Head of Department | Assistant/Deputy Head | Headteacher | Head of ITT | Second in Maths | Class teacher
- Not suitable for: Early Career Teachers (ECTs) | Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) | Non-teaching staff
- Free to all state schools and state funded organisations that offer 16-19 places in England.
Find out more:
- See the 'find out more - NPQLTD' flyer below.