Registering an ECT with the Hub
We are delighted that you wish to register your Early Career Teacher, their Mentor, and your Induction Lead with us for the Early Career Teachers programme.
Latest Information - Posted 26th April 2022
- The DfE have acted on feedback received from schools and have streamlined the ECF registration process from September 2022.
- More information about this will be sent to schools in May 2022.
This webpage provides links to the Department for Education (DfE) guidance for schools.
For inductions commencing on or after 1st September 2022, the registration processes have been improved. Schools or trusts need to:
- Set-up ECF-based training
- Appoint an Appropriate Body
- Provide the ECT with their statutory entitlement
ECTs have 10% in year 1 and 5% in year 2
Mentors have sufficient time to carry out their role effectively – both to:
- Undertake mentor training (for those on funded training programmes; and
- Plan and hold mentor sessions with their ECT(s)
- Mentoring sessions would normally be expected to be during normal teaching hours