Train to Teach Application Process
How to apply
- All applications must be made through The Trinity Institute of Education
- PLEASE NOTE on the Government APPLY system the course title will show as
- Training and placements will be provided across the partnership in Calderdale & Kirklees.
Train to Teach: Secondary Entry Requirements
Take a look at our entry requirements to see if you could start your journey to becoming a qualified Secondary teacher in one year! TIE seeks to recruit trainee secondary teachers with the potential to become outstanding. As an Institute of Education, we’re 100% committed to supporting you on that journey.
What qualifications and experience do I need?
You should have:
- a degree of class 2:2 or above. Science candidates must have a degree comprising of at least 50% in your chosen subject specialism*
- GCSEs at grade C / 4 or above in Mathematics and English Language. We do accept GCSE equivalency’s from A Star Equivalency and Equivalency testing.com
- excellent knowledge in your chosen subject
- an appreciation of education-related issues
- knowledge in numeracy and literacy for tests at interview
- Applicants with overseas qualifications are welcome provided your qualifications are equivalent. You would need to check this with UK ENIC. Your UK ENIC should show that your degree is equivalent to an honours degree and to what classification e.g. 2:2. If English is not your first language, a IELTs qualification – we are looking for an overall grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the subtests for equivalency to GCSE English language. They need to have been taken within the last 2 years. Unfortunately, we do not offer Visa sponsorship.
*Apart from Science, if your degree is not in your chosen subject, your A level in that subject must be at least a grade C (Maths must be a grade B). You will also be offered a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) depending on the degree course you have take. Further guidance can be offered by contacting email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject knowledge enhancement (SKE)
If you’re concerned about how well you know the subject you want to teach, do not worry – you may be able to do a ‘subject knowledge enhancement’ (SKE) course. When you accept a conditional offer from us, we offer these through TES .
All our subjects are PGCE courses with QTS
If you would like further advice please contact Jane Lees via email: email@example.com or call 01484 868762